Fuel prices are high… and they’re not going to drop drastically any time soon, or ever. As fuel prices continue to rise, customers are more interested in fuel-efficient compacts and hybrids to find relief from the pump.
A recent survey of car shoppers on kbb.com found that 51% of respondents are now considering a smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicle, while 20% are considering an alternative-fuel vehicle such as a diesel or hybrid. “GM’s strategic investments in four-cylinder and turbocharged engines, advanced transmissions and vehicle electrification have been very well timed,” said Mark Reuss, president of GM North America. “Three years ago, about 16 percent of the vehicles GM sold achieved at least 30 mpg on the highway. Today, that number is about 40 percent, and we have more new fuel-economy leaders on the way…”
What are the Chevy fuel economy leaders on sale today? Here is the lowdown: (all mpg totals are estimated)
- Chevrolet Volt: mpg-e 95 city / 93 hwy / mpg 35 city / 40 hwy
- Chevrolet Cruze Eco: 28 city / 42 hwy
- Chevrolet Sonic: mpg 25-29 city / 35-40 hwy
- Chevrolet Malibu Eco: mpg 25 city / 38 hwy
- Chevrolet Cruze: mpg 25 city / 36 hwy
- Chevrolet Malibu: mpg 17-22 city / 26-33 hwy
- Chevrolet Equinox: mpg 22 city / 32 hwy
- Chevrolet Impala: mpg 18 city / 30 hwy
- Arriving this summer: Chevrolet Spark: mpg to be determined
If you’re looking for an environmentally responsible car that fits your budget and your lifestyle, visit JBA Chevrolet, we have plenty of options for you.
7327 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD